Grade Appeals

Disputes regarding grades must be initiated within sixty (60) days from the date of receiving the final course grade by filing a Grade Appeal Form (located at with the instructor who assigned the grade; this is separate from the Application for Appeal form submitted to the Student Appeals Committee, which does not rule on grade disputes as described in this policy. If the student is not satisfied with the decision, the student may appeal in writing to the Chairperson of the department from which the grade was issued. In situations where there is an allegation of capricious grading, discrimination, or unlawful actions, appeals may go beyond the Chairperson to the Dean of the college from which the grade was issued with that decision being final.