Academic Grievances

Academic related grievances, such as disputes regarding grades, must be initiated within sixty (60) days from the date of receiving the final course grade by filing a Grade Appeal Form with the instructor who assigned the grade. If the student is not satisfied with the decision, the student may appeal in writing to the appropriate Chairperson of the department from which the grade was issued. Grievances may then be appealed to the Academic Dean and the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs. Grade Appeal Forms are available in each academic dean’s office.